Pages

Sunday 30 March 2014

Welcome to the support group for people married to Brazilians!

Hello, my name is Daniel, I'm English and I married a Brazilian...

I married Sheila in 2010 and, since meeting her, I have been experiencing and learning Brazilian culture; from Brazilian Portuguese, through the amazing food, to the dark side of Brazilian culture - Novelas (I'm suppressing a shudder, I'll try to go on...)

When most people - my experience is mostly of Brits and North Americans - think of Brazil, they think about beaches, football, half-naked women and the Amazon rain-forest, but this does not begin to scratch the surface of Brazil and its rich history and culture.  Even now, with the 2014 World Cup looming, there appears to be little awareness of the country: I heard someone on the radio joking about going to the World Cup for the Mardi Gras girls; where do I begin explaining what's wrong with that?!  I don't pretend to know everything about the country, but I would like to share my observations and experiences of Brazil and Brazilians.


No comments:

Post a Comment